- priority for cyclists at traffic lights
- make a town impossible to traverse by car (segmentation)
- providing good and safe bicycle routes
- improve accessibility of schools for cyclists in comparison to motorists
- decrease number of parking places
- parking at a fee/higher parking fees
- maintenance of bicycle parking facilities
- free/high-quality bicycle parking
- delivery services
- promote independent cycling by children
Of course, it's not just about CO2. There are various other benefits to society, such as lower cost of sickness, and not being so reliant on foreign oil.
Meanwhile, back in the UK, driving is getting cheaper, encouraging higher car usage.